Thursday, November 19, 2009

Another Independant Buisness Closes


I was very saddened to see the store "Stitch To Wear" recently close. Stitch to Wear was a fashionable clothing store that sold either trendy finds or creations of their own. At the buy counter they hand picked the most desirable items from the public and resold them. A lot of the clothing creations at Stitch to Wear was designed by local fashion designer Enrique Luis. He created original designs for any occasion. It was a cool inventive place to find vintage items, old trends, and stitched creations brought to life. Unfortunately most of these individual hot spots are closing due to they are not a retail chain. BOOOOOO!!!! Creativity these days seems to either dimmer or die. I know times are hard, but why do we have to sacrifice our art forms for the expensive thoughtless pieces of crap we gladly wear or purchase. I keep searching for new upcoming places to shop. I try to support all the local artists, craft makers, food growers, and fashion designers in San Antonio. I live in an area that has a lot of independent businesses that contribute to these forms. It is great to buy outside the cold retail death box. I drove past it this morning and surprise it is now a pinata store. Are we in that dire shortage of mutilating candy stuffed characters???? I guess the answer is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment