Thursday, November 19, 2009

To erase or not to erase, that is the question


Today at work since there was no doctor, I decided to watch a movie to pass the sand in the hour glass. I decided to pull from my collection "Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind." I love the type of movie that moves you to get the old rusty gears in your head to function. For me, this movie always makes me think about what if we could erase all the bad and stick with just the warm fuzzy moments. Leave out all the hurt, fear, tears, and anger. Would we be happier or would we just be empty shells of what was. Then thoughts come into play that if we did erase it all, where would we be? Most of the horrible things in my life have actually shaped this lump of clay into something more priceless. Through it all these memories have made me stronger, wiser, and compassionate. Everytime the rain pours the storm passes and a little sun does adventually shine through. What I have learned is to be thankful for all the good and the bad. Without those events in time we wouldn't be who we are today. There will be bumps ahead on this road we call life. I pray I greet each impass with the serenity to understand it leads to a bigger picture and to remember that patientce is a virtue.

No comments:

Post a Comment