Friday, February 26, 2010

Impulse purchase



Upon my latest pilgrimage to the local grocery store, I always find it interesting the miscellaneous items you are surrounded by while checking out. You are in a drowning sea of candy, razors, lighters, snuggies, tooth paste, beef jerky, and the newspapers that claim Jesus was an alien. You laugh and scorn at who in their right mind would purchase these unloved items..... Last night standing in the never ending line of other angry hungry shoppers, I ended up with a couple. Can't you hear the music, "Dun Dun Dun!!!!" Gasp, how could she? Alas I fell victim to the terror of the impulse purchase. Advert your eyes children, it wasn't a pretty site to behold. My basket of very few items became overwhelmed with chap stick, magazine of twenty minute suppers, Chile chips, miniature hand sanitizer, and gum that claimed to give five hours of fresh breath. Arriving at my casa, I felt the grief of stupidity upon my shoulders to why the heck I needed these items so badly. My belief is that they under staff the employees so hideous lines accrue. People are made to look at the impulse items long enough so they are tempted to buy unnecessary crap. Coporate America wins again saying Buy Buy Buy!!!! You know you don't need it, but for some reason you want it!

1 comment:

  1. i almost always buy a miscellaneous item while waiting to check out! :(

    ReplyDelete